Yield: Serves 12 / about 33 to 50 mg CBD per serving This breakfast is perfect for a recovery day. Whether you are an athlete or had an extreme workout, this Recovery CBD-Infused French Toast Casserole will help allow the muscles to recover quickly.
IngredientsNonstick cooking spray, for preparing the baking dish 1 brioche loaf, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes 1 (12 ounces, or 340 g) container mascarpone or dairy-free cream cheese, such as Kite Hill 2 cups (480 ml) hemp milk 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream or plant based half-and-half 8 large eggs 2 tablespoons (25 g) organic sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon salt 400 to 600 mg full-spectrum CBD Oil
Method of Preparation
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange two-thirds of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish and dot evenly with mascarpone. Top with the remaining bread cubes and press down gently.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and CBD oil.
- Pour mixture evenly over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Uncover the casserole and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until lightly brown and puffy.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.