Current Open Positions
Position: Natural Health Retail Sales Consultant / Key Holder - Utica / Shelby Township, MI
Are you interested in working in the natural health industry and helping people? Then this is the job for you!
We are looking for goal-driven and independent team members to join our awesome team of CBD Experts! This position will have hours scheduled each week at our Shelby Township store (Old Van Dyke, just north of 21 Mile Road).
We are a hemp CBD and vitamin store, not a dispensary. We work one-on-one with customers that are needing relief and wanting to improve their health, naturally. Attention to detail and compassion are very important in this role.
We provide a complete paid virtual and in-house training program that gives you all of the information needed to make product recommendations and proper dosing suggestions. We promote a calm and engaging environment with continuing education and fun sales challenges. Join us today!
Although this is an entry level position within our company, there is opportunity to quickly advance when goals are met.
Mother Earth is the leading retailer of premium, expertly curated CBD products for people and pets, along with essential oils, vitamins, supplements and other natural health products. A rapidly-growing, award-winning brand with locations in Shelby Township, Chesterfield, New Haven, and Royal Oak, we are The CBD Experts—prioritizing safety, quality, education and customer experience over all else.
- Availability: Start immediately
- Working Conditions: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds.
- Hours: 35-38 per week
- Compensation: $14.00-$15.00 / hour, depending on experience
- Help customers in the retail location in accordance with Mother Earth Natural Health’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product in the store and be able to explain their benefits and uses
- Communicate with customers in person or by phone to understand their needs
- Help customers make the right choices by knowing how different types of hemp products affect our customers and suggesting the proper dosage to help them achieve optimal relief and results.
- Establish and nurture relationships with past customers and potential customers to facilitate sales
- Open and close store as a key holder
Complete work assigned during scheduled shift, including:
- Cash handling
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Verifying stock deliveries for accuracy
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of employee issues or customer concerns
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations
- Excellent customer service skills and a great brand ambassador
- Recent and relevant retail experience required
- Ability to work independently and maintain effective time management
- Once the Mother Earth training program is complete, ability to learn and understand hemp products, vitamins, etc and how they can benefit different health issues
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, customers and the general public
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
- Sales Incentive Program
- Free products
- Retail, 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service, 3 years (Preferred)
- Must be available to work 5-6 days per week, during hours of operations. We are open weekdays from 11am-6pm and weekends from 12pm-5pm.
- Closed all major holidays.
- Schedules are typically posted 6+ weeks ahead.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Compassionate – enjoys working with people and finding solutions that work for them
Independent worker – enjoys working independently and able to stay on task
Continual Learner – enjoys researching various topics and learning about natural health