The CBD Experts in Shelby Township, MI
Mother Earth (Shelby Township Storefront)
Located next to McDonald's, just north of 21 Mile Road. Across the road from Mexican Village, Aldi, and Cosmo Prof.
- Store Hours:
- Mon-Fri: 11:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sat-Sun: 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Mother Earth prides itself on being Michigan’s top hemp expert
Our CBD is highly curated and tested daily to ensure the highest quality. In fact, 95% of the products we test don’t make the cut.
Since 2016, we’ve served over 35,000 happy customers in the Detroit metro area. Stop by our Shelby Township location to see what all the buzz is about.
What is CBD?
CBD is a component of marijuana, derived from the hemp plant. It is typically extracted in one of three ways:
- Ethanol Extraction: This method involves soaking the plant in high-grain alcohol, in order to melt away the waxes and fats from the cannabinoids.
- CO₂ Extraction: This method uses carbon dioxide to isolate cannabinoids under extremely low temperatures. The cannabinoids are then extracted without leaving any chemicals or residue behind.
- Oil Extraction: The most popular method for DIYers, this method involves boiling the plant in olive oil in order to extract the desired cannabinoids.
What’s the difference between CBD and THC?
CBD isn’t psychoactive, meaning it doesn’t make you feel high, unlike its molecular cousin, THC. The reason for the different effects lies in their chemical structures.
From a molecular point of view, CBD and THC look almost identical. The big difference is that where CBD has a hydroxyl group, THC has a cyclic ring. This slight difference in shape actually affects whether or not you feel high.
THC and CBD hijack our body’s endocannabinoid system, which controls our mood, appetite, memory, and pain experience. THC gets you high because it fits easily into our CB1 receptor, which controls our motivation, pleasure, and feeding behavior. CBD does not— and actually works in the opposite direction, blocking our CB1 receptors and reducing the overall high.
What are the advantages of CBD?
CBD offers a wide variety of health benefits. People taking CBD have reported that it:
- Helps with anxiety & depression
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Reduces headaches
- Helps with insomnia
- Helps treat epileptic seizures
- Reduces PTSD symptoms
- Reduces ALS symptoms
- Reduces opioid addiction cravings
- Reduces high glucose levels in diabetics
- Helps with arthritis
What are the 3 spectrums of CBD?
Isolate / Zero THC
CBD isolate does not contain THC or any other compounds. It is the purest form of CBD.
Broad Spectrum CBD
Broad-spectrum CBD contains various compounds from the cannabis plant, including cannabichromene, cannabinol, and terpenes, but is still THC-free.
Full Spectrum CBD
Full-spectrum CBD contains trace amounts of THC, up to 0.3%.
What are the different CBD delivery methods?
CBD comes in a variety of delivery methods. We sell consumables, like beverages, edibles, capsules, and oil tinctures; skincare products like bath bombs, creams, and topicals; smokables like hemp flower and vapes; CBD for pets, and more.